An example: a coffee maker
In the following example the processes of a basic coffee maker are captured in a simple execution graph.
You can recognize the following process steps:
- A boiler producing hot water and
- a module that uses the hot water and coffee to make a good cup of coffee for you.
Now, we want to extend the machine with some nice features:
- A coffee grinder and
- a dishwasher that cleans your dirty cup with hot water before using it.
The execution graph of our luxurious coffee maker will look like this:
Analyzing the latter graph shows:
- Hot water is used for the dishwasher and for making coffee.
- Multiple tasks can run in parallel.
- The basic as well as the luxurious pipeline are captured in one single execution graph.
Note: The presented graphs are generated by SoftFab.